Skip to main content

Spouse Cards


Spouse USU ID Card

The USU CARD is the official ID card of all Utah State University students as well as faculty and staff. It functions as a library card, meal card, activities card, recreation center card, computer access card, and copy card as well as declining balance accounts and meal plans.

Student Spouse Cards and Faculty or Staff Spouse Cards allow different access and are obtained in different ways.


  1. A picture ID (driver's license, passport, or student ID card) will be required when acquiring your USU ID Card
  2. Proof of a marriage certificate (an original or photo of marriage license/certificate must be shown one time)

Where do I get my card?

Student Spouse Card

You must be married to a registered USU student to get your card.

You will need pay the $40 spouse fee at the Registrar's Office and present your receipt at the USU Card Office (TSC 212). It takes 24 hours after your fees have been paid to activate your card.

Faculty or Staff Spouse Card

You must be a spouse of a benefited USU Faculty or Staff Employee to get your card.

After filling out your paperwork in Human Resources, please allow 2 to 4 business days before visiting the USU Card Office (TSC 212). You can contact HR at (435) 797-0216.

NEW! To get started, fill out the Spouse Pass Request Form and return it to the USU Registrar's Office.

Spouses at Distance Education sites go to their local Card Office and request a USU Card. Don’t forget to bring valid picture ID so you can receive your ID Card.

How much does it cost?

$15 with valid photo ID (driver’s license or passport).

Student Spouse: About my USU ID Card

Faculty/Staff: About my USU ID Card

How to Manage my USU ID Card

Still have questions?

Call us at (435) 797-3852 or email us at