Mobile Credit Card Machine Rental
A wireless credit card machine can be rented from the Card Office for USU affiliated events. The funds for this event will be transferred to a USU Index. To rent the machine you must do the following:
Before the Event
- Fill out this form with all signatures, the Index number and the account number
- Submit the form to the Card Office through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (435) 797-1652, or come hand it in to the Card Office (TSC 212).
- Reserve the card reader by calling the Card Office (435) 797-3852, or come in to our office (TSC 212).
- All personnel who will be operating the machine must complete USU Credit Card Security Training. When prompted, select the Cashier role.
Day(s) of the Event
If your reserved day is on a weekend, you must pick up the machine on Friday before 5:00 PM. Otherwise pick up the machine on the reserved day and time. Instructions are as follows:
- Pick up the credit card reader from the Card Office. The machine will be in a bag along with instructions for use.
- Proceed with your event using the mobile credit card machine.
- If your event lasts for more than one day, and you are keeping the machine overnight, it must be kept in a locked environment.
- After all transactions have been entered, close out the batch and keep a copy of the settlement. Instructions for this are included in the bag with the machine.
- If you do not close out the batch, the bank will not process the payments. No transactions will be recognized, because all of the information is still stored on the machine. You must batch out the machine for you to get your money.
- If you have the machine for multiple days, and decide to batch out the machine at the end of each day put each batch in different envelopes.
After the Event
- Be courteous of others using the machine and return the machine in a timely manner to the Card Office.
- All receipts and a copy of the batch settlement(s) in the provided envelope(s) must be included.
- Please ensure that everything that was in the bag when you picked it up is returned, including the instructions.
- If this is the last time you will be renting the machine in this time period, let us know (by checking the appropriate box on the envelope). Your money will not be transferred to your department until this is completed.
The proceeds of the event(s), minus a service fee of 3.5%, will be deposited in the account within 10 working days. A sales report will be sent to you for your records.